Musicians Nate Ruess, Andrew Dost, and Jack Antonoff of the band fun., winner Best New Album and Song of The Year …
At the 55th annual Grammy Awards, indie pop/rock band fun. were nominated in six categories, winning Best New Artist and Song of the Year for “We Are Young.”
The band triumphed over Canadian songstress Carly Rae Jepsen’s track “Call Me Maybe” for the Song of the Year honour and now they join the elite class of Best New Artist recipients like Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Adele and Amy Winehouse.
Upon accepting their Song of the Year award, 30-year-old lead singer Nate Ruess said, "I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote the chorus to this song."
He also joked, "This is in HD, everyone can see our faces, and we are not very young."
Here are some fun facts you should know about the band:
1. Even though they won Best New Artist, the band isn’t entirely new
During his Song of the Year acceptance speech, guitarist Jack Antonoff said, “We’ve been touring for 12-years and we haven’t made money for a long time and [our families have] let us live at home for a very long time.”
See more: Moments the Grammy Cameras Missed
2. Antonoff is dating “Girls” actress and creator Lena Dunham and thanked her in his Song of the Year acceptance speech.
3. Fashion designer Rachel Antonoff (and sister of the band's lead guitarist) appears in the “We Are Young” music video texting and getting a bottle smashed over her head.
She is also said to be dating Ruess and can be heard singing on a few of the band's tracks.
4. The band isn’t afraid as being classified as a one-hit wonder.
In an interview with Music Radar, Ruess said, “No, not at all. Any way we can expose people to our band is a good thing. Whatever happens happens. We didn't come out trying to write a hit song. A song like this ups our profile, so whoever sticks around sticks around."
See more: Celebs who pushed the Grammy guidelines
5. They are signed to the record label Fueled By Ramen.
Fueled By Ramen is the label responsible for the “Girls - Volume 1: Music From The HBO Original Series” soundtrack. Other artists part of the roster include Paramore, Panic! At The Disco, Gym Class Heroes and Cobra Starship.
6. Band member Andrew Dost wrote a musical about Christopher Columbus in 2005.
7. Kelly Clarkson is a fan of the band and has covered “We Are Young” on her “Stronger Tour.”