Sia Furler (Photo by Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images)
On Nov. 28, 36-year-old singer/songwriter Sia Furler, who usually goes by the moniker Sia, performed Rihanna's chart-toping hit "Diamonds," which she co-wrote for the Barbadian beauty. Who knew?
This Australian artist has a slew of hits under her belt which you might not even know were written by her.
See more: 10 things to know about Serena Ryder
Take a look at a few tracks and facts about this artist from Down Under featured below.
1. She co-wrote Ne-Yo's "Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself.)"
2. She co-wrote Christina Aguilera's "Blank Page" from "Lotus."
Featuring lyrics like, "I know there's hurt/ I know there's pain/ But people change/ Lord, knows I've been no saint/ In my own way/ Regret choices I've made/ How I do I say I'm sorry?/ How do I say I'm sorry?" Furler tweeted about the powerful ballad before its release, writing, "So @TheRealXtina Sounds amazing on our next collaboration. Blank page. Squeeeeee."
3. Her song "My Love" appears on "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse's" official movie soundtrack and is featured during a very important scene.
4. She co-wrote and is featured on Flo Rida's track "Wild Ones."
5. She says her voice sounds like a combination of Sting, Stevie Wonder and Aretha Franklin.
In an interview with NPR, the "Breathe Me" hitmaker describes finding her voice, saying, "I would like sing along to Sting songs, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, and my dad was playing a lot of Shangri-Las. After a while I think I guess when you write something original, you can't really revert back to any one of those voices to try and emulate. I guess like subconsciously it's like an amalgamation of all of those voices that I used to mimic."
6. She co-wrote "Bound To You" from the "Burlesque" soundtrack, which was performed by Christina Aguilera and nominated for a Golden Globe at the 68th annual awards ceremony for Best Original Song. However, another track from the film ended up winning the award; "You Haven't Seen The Last of Me" performed by Cher.
7. She co-wrote and sings on DJ David Guetta's "Titanium."
8. She co-wrote Christina Aguilera's "All I Need" from 2010's "Bionic."
9. She's given up promoting her music, but we think she'd make an exception if Oprah came calling.
In a series of tweets, Furler revealed her plans to give up promotion, writing, "hi. i'm not touring or doing appearances or being in videos or doing interviews anymore. i like to be behind the scenes for now. cheerio!" Later adding, "oh yeah i'll make music and put it out eventually, just without touring or promoting it. and i'll make bank writing pop songs for pop starz!"
She also wrote, "yeh, tell oprah. i wanna be on oprah. i wanna be near oprah. i wanna snug with oprah."
10. She recorded a cover of Radiohead's "Paranoid Android" for the tribute album "Exit Music: Songs with Radio Heads."
11. She loves dogs.
In fact, she loves them so much that in an interview, she revealed that after releasing her album "We Are Born" she wanted "to retrain as a dog masseuse."