Just like the name of her first perfume, superstar Britney Spears' latest song compilation album is very "Curious."
"Oops I Did It Again, The Best of Britney Spears," was either released today or last week, depending on your online music source, and features an interesting mix of tracks taken mainly from her first four studio albums.
Apparently issued by Camden International and Sony Music, Spears' latest compilation disc contains tunes from 1999's "...Baby One More Time," 2000's "Oops!... I Did It Again," 2001's "Britney," 2003's "In the Zone," and 2008's "Circus." Noticeably missing are tracks from 2007's "Blackout" and 2011's "Femme Fatale," which are both arguably two of her best records.
However, even though Sony's logo appears at the bottom of the CD's booklet, the company seems to be unaware of it.
"Thx for your feedback but not sure what collection you're speaking of? We haven't announced any new Britney collection," Sony Music Global tweeted to a fan on June 24 after they begged them to stop releasing "Best Of" discs featuring Spears. Later adding, "We didn't answer because we are trying to get to the bottom if it. #patienceplease."
Perhaps the most peculiar song choices include tracks like Spears' cover of The Jets' "You Got It All," and "Don't Hang Up," a song that only appeared on a bonus CD that accompanied the "In The Zone" concert DVD.
An interesting tidbit about "You Got It All" is that it was originally recorded when the now 30-year-old was just 15 and was suppose to appear on "…Baby One More Time," but ended up as a bonus track on some overseas album versions of "Oops!... I Did It Again."
Another unusual song choice for this album is the track "What It's Like To Be Me," which was co-written and co-produced by Spears' ex-boyfriend Justin Timberlake and the man she allegedly cheated on him with, choreographer Wade Robson.
Spears has released compilation albums before like "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative," "The Singles Collection," and "B in the Mix: The Remixes" volumes one and two and every time she debuts a new disc, she tweets, posts on Facebook and lists it on her website.
So far, no publicity efforts from the newly appointed "X Factor" judge have been made or are evident on her main websites and social media outlets. This leads us to believe that something fishy is going on and leaves many unanswered questions about this new release. Why only include three major singles on a 'Best Of' album?
Check out the full track list for "Oops I Did It Again, The Best of Britney Spears" featured below and head here to see pictures of the physical album.
"Oops I Did It Again, The Best of Britney Spears" track list
1. Oops!…I Did It Again (From the album "Oops!…I Did It Again")
2. …Baby One More Time (From the album "…Baby One More Time")
3. I'm a Slave 4 U (From the album "Britney")
4. Born to Make You Happy (From the album "…Baby One More Time")
5. Cinderella (From the album "Britney")
6. Brave New Girl (From the album "In The Zone")
7. The Hook Up (From the album "In The Zone")
8. Don't Hang Up (From the bonus CD that accompanied the "In The Zone" DVD)
9. One Kiss from You (From the album "…Baby One More Time")
10. Anticipating (From the album "Britney")
11. What It's Like to Be Me (From the album "Britney")
12. My Baby (From the album "Circus")
13. Out from Under (From the album "Circus")
14. You Got It All (From the overseas version of the album "Oops!…I Did It Again")
15. Showdown (From the album "In The Zone")
16. That's Where You Take Me (From the album "Britney")